Translator working into Italian (native language) from German, English, French and Spanish.
Focusing on economics, finance, law and luxury marketing.
• BA Multilingual Communication at ETI (now FTI), at the University of Geneva, in Switzerland
• LL.M. International Law at the University of Sussex, in Brighton, UK
• In-house translator for the Italian marketplace of Amazon, based in Luxembourg (2013-2015)
• Proofreader in the marketing team of a German fund management company in Luxembourg (2015-2016)
Based in Luxembourg and Geneva, I also work as a business interpreter (at fairs, audits and in other business and cultural occasions) in the greater region around Luxembourg and beyond. Currently training as a conference (simultaneous) interpreter.
In Luxembourg I am a sworn translator for Italian, French and German at the Superior Court of Justice (Cour Supérieure de Justice).
Sworn translator and German mother tongue translating from English and Italian into German since 2006.
Specialized in finance, banking, economy, marketing, health management and social sciences
- MA Sociology - Universität Trier, Germany and Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy
- State exam for translators and interpreters at the Saxon Ministry of Education, Leipzig (D)
- Sworn translator at the Higher Regional Court of Coblenz, Germany for English, Italian and German
Bilingual Spanish-Galician translator and interpreter working from English, Portuguese, German, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian and Slovene into Spanish and Galician since 2004.
Sworn translator and interpreter for Galician and English accredited by the Galician Government.
Specialized in legal documents, forensics sciences, clinical trials and social sciences.
In-house interpreter and translator for the International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) from 2009 to 2012.
ACI (Conference Interpreting Agent) to the European Union Institutions with Croatian, English and Portuguese into Spanish.
Licenciatura in Translation and Interpretation Studies at the University of Vigo (1998 to 2002)
DAS in Translation, Paratranslation and Cultural Relationships at the University of Vigo (2005 to 2007)
Jairo Dorado Cadilla
“Made in Paris”, born in Amsterdam, educated on three continents until my family decided to settle down in Fribourg (French-speaking Switzerland). Languages have been part of my life since my early childhood. I started to study in Fribourg (linguistics and journalism) and completed my training in Zurich to become a translator, a conference interpreter and a voice-over artist.
- aiic member (ABC French - German - English)
- qualified German, English and Dutch to French translator (ASTTI member)
- SVEB-approved adult educator for French, German and English